Long story short, it was a party, there were balloons, and I had some darts in the other room. the bulletin board had some balloons stapled to it, and so we took turns trying to pop them with the darts (umm...under strict supervision of course...). After running out of balloons to pop, the teens started trying to hit certain numbers on the Sudoku game. So I had an idea (I'm telling the story, and in my version I was the one who came up with the idea!). Here is how we played the game:
1. Line up all players (depending on how many darts you have) and give every player a dart.
2. One at a time, each player tries to hit a "1" with their dart (as a safety measure, make sure no one leaves their spot until all darts have been thrown)
3. Each player who got a "1" gets to proceed to aiming for a "2" while those who did not get a "1" must continue shooting for a "1" (the game reminded me of "Phase 10"...thus the name)
4. First player to reach 10 wins.
5. As always, you can tailor the rules of the game however you wish.
This could easily become a "go to game" for our youth group. Try it out. Play safe, and tell us what you think.